Support for maintaining traditional habitats
We aim to inspire landowners to look after and maintain the scenic and natural value of transmission line rights-of-way and increase the number of traditional habitats. To this end, we offer financial support for maintaining traditional habitats.
Purpose of the support
The main objective of the support is to increase the number of traditional habitats, revitalise existing habitats and inspire landowners to maintain and look after scenic and natural values in transmission line rights-of-way. With active care, transmission line rights-of-way can be transformed into valuable natural habitats for biodiversity and scenery.
Even small sites are important!
The support consists of a grant paid to the landowner and a care plan drawn up by a specialist. The grant amounts to EUR 300 (VAT 0%) per hectare. The support period is three years.
Initially, this will be a three-year trial, which we will use to evaluate the effectiveness of the support at the end of the period.
Prerequisites for granting support
- The area must be a valuable natural habitat in terms of its geography and nature, and it must be located in a transmission line right-of-way.
- The area must be treated according to the plan so that the matters evaluated on the specified criteria are preserved and improved.
- The treated area must be at least 0.3 hectares.
You can apply for support all year round.
How to apply for support
1. Review the care plan criteria for the support and consider whether your area is suitable for support: are there any habitats or specials (see the plant list) that need to be protected?
2. You can fill in the care plan yourself or commission the Rural Women’s Advisory Organisation Landscape Management service to do it at Fingrid’s expense. Please append a map showing the boundaries of the area and pictures of the valuable natural assets in the area.
- If you complete the care plan yourself, send it to the following address with the requested appendices: Tiina Seppänen, Fingrid Oyj, PO Box 530, 00101 HELSINKI or: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like an expert from the Rural Women’s Advisory Organisation to visit the site and prepare the care plan, contact Leena Lahdenvesi-Korhonen at the Rural Women’s Advisory Organisation on +358 40 523 5133, email@example.com
3. Fingrid will use the care plan as the basis for assessing whether the area is suitable for receiving support, and you will be informed of the decision.
4. Sign the support commitment and send it to: Tiina Seppänen, Fingrid Oyj, PO Box 530, 00101 HELSINKI or: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Fingrid monitors the implementation of care plans in conjunction with normal transmission line inspections. It is important that vegetation does not grow to more than three metres in height.
Further information: Tiina Seppänen, Fingrid Oyj, tel. +358 303 95 5164, tiina.seppanen(at)fingrid.fi
Further information about looking after traditional habitats in transmission line rights-of-way is also provided on landowners’ idea card 7.