Fingrid Datahub Oy is a fully-owned subsidiary of Fingrid Oyj, established to take care of the operational tasks of the centralised information exchange system, datahub. Companys main tasks are to provide and develop the centralised information exchange system and its other services, and administer the registered information for electricity market needs.
Datahub is a centralised information exchange system for the electricity retail market, which will contain data from 3.5 million electricity metering points in Finland. The information contained in the datahub will be used by approximately 100 electricity suppliers and over 80 distribution network companies serving electricity consumers.
In a nutshell
- Pursuant to the Electricity Market Act, information on electricity consumption, such as consumption and customer information of an accounting point will be transferred to a shared information exchange system called Datahub.
- A shared system will improve the service provided to an electricity consumer, since the parties can exchange information in real time.
- An electricity consumer can monitor the consumption information of their accounting points in a single system, independently of DSOs or electricity suppliers.
- Information security and privacy are ensured, and information can only be accessed by the parties entitled to do so. When all information can be found in a single location, it is also easier to trace.
- Datahub is administered by Fingrid Datahub Oy, which is a subsidiary of Fingrid, the Finnish transmission system operator.
If you have any questions about the supply or transmission of electricity or, perhaps, your electricity contract, please contact your electricity supplier or distribution system operator.
Manager, Fingrid Datahub
tel. +358 30 395 5262
+358 30 395 5000