ECP and EDX at Fingrid
At Fingrid, the deployment of ECP/EDX has been done in stages. Currently, the following is possible through the platform:
- Submit bids on FCR-N, FCR-D and FFR-markets
- Receive accepted bids on FCR-N, FCR-D and FFR-markets
- Submit capacity bids and receive auction results on aFRR-market. On the aFRR-market, EDX is required.
- Submit balancing energy bids on mFRR-market
- Receive activation requests as well as accept activations on the mFRR-market
The use of ECP is constantly extended at Fingrid. ECP will be the main method for communication on the upcoming Nordic mFRR- and aFRR markets and later on the European marketplaces (MARI & PICASSO). Therefore, we also encourage BSP’s to implement ECP messaging.
Fingrid encourages all participants to implement also EDX alongside with ECP as it eases acting on the mFRR capacity market and enables action on the aFRR capacity market. Additionally, EDX includes more comprehensive possibilities for the interfaces between ECP/EDX, and other systems and applications (e.g., Kafka and FTP protocols).
Detailed instructions for the implementation of the platform can be found in Nordic ECP/EDX Group's (i.e. NEX’s) documentation, which is directed at all Nordic users/market parties/BSP’s. The instructions are available in the block below Useful documents and links.
In short, the implementation process is described below:
- For the ECP/EDX software, two servers are needed, one for the test environment and one for the production environment.
- Apply for EIC-X and EIC-V codes from Fingrid. Be aware that you need at least two EIC-V codes, one for the test endpoint and one for the production endpoint. Instructions for applying the codes can be found here.
- Install the ECP software according to NEX’s installation guide.
- Open necessary firewalls for outbound traffic.
- Registration of the ECP-endpoint. For this, you will need a registration key -file. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the file. The registration of the endpoint cannot be finalized before an EIC-V code is dedicated to the endpoint.
- When registration is done, test the connection by sending a connectivity test- message from the user interface.
- Integrate the ECP endpoint to own business application/applications
- When messaging works in the test environment, the operation can be moved to production.
Instructions for applying for EIC-codes
Downloading the ECP software
NEX’s instructions for ECP installation for all Nordic actors
Implementation guides for different reserve markets
Do you need help with ECP/EDX implementation?
In case you need assistance with ECP/EDX installation, or you want to outsource some processes, you can contact service providers below:
- Avanio - Overall services for ECP/EDX https://avanio.com/
- Brady - installation services & implementation https://www.bradytechnologies.com/
- Capalo AI - Overall services for ECP/EDX https://www.capaloai.com/
- Hansen Technologies - Overall services for ECP/EDX https://www.hansencx.com/
- Syncrontech - Overall services for ECP/EDX https://www.syncrontech.com/
- Tietoevry - Overall services for ECP/EDX https://www.tietoevry.com/
- Volue - Overall services for ECP/EDX https://www.volue.com/
Note for service providers! Contact Fingrid if you want to be added to the list above:
email@example.com, tel. +358 30 395 5129
tel. +358 30 3955353
tel. +358 30 3954456