ECP and EDX at Fingrid
At Fingrid, the deployment of ECP/EDX has been done in stages. Currently, the following is possible through the platform:
- Submit bids on FCR-N, FCR-D and FFR-markets
- Receive accepted bids on FCR-N, FCR-D and FFR-markets
- Submit capacity bids and receive auction results on aFRR-market. On the aFRR-market, EDX is required.
- Submit balancing energy bids on mFRR-market
- Receive activation requests as well as accept activations on the mFRR-market
The use of ECP is constantly extended at Fingrid. ECP will be the main method for communication on the upcoming Nordic mFRR- and aFRR markets and later on the European marketplaces (MARI & PICASSO). Therefore, we also encourage BSP’s to implement ECP messaging.
The first step in the deployment of ECP is to recognize the need: Is it enough to implement just ECP or is EDX also required? EDX allows the user to submit bids and receive results on the aFRR-market, and additionally is entails more comprehensive possibilities for interfaces towards other systems and applications (e.g., Kafka and FTP protocols)
Detailed instructions for the implementation of the platform can be found in Nordic ECP/EDX Group's (i.e. NEX’s) documentation, which is directed at all Nordic users/market parties/BSP’s. The instructions are available in the block below Useful documents and links.
In short, the implementation process is described below:
- For the ECP/EDX software, two servers are needed, one for the test environment and one for the production environment.
- Apply for EIC-X and EIC-V codes from Fingrid. Be aware that you need at least two EIC-V codes, one for the test endpoint and one for the production endpoint. Instructions for applying the codes can be found here.
- Install the ECP software according to NEX’s installation guide.
- Open necessary firewalls for outbound traffic.
- Registration of the ECP-endpoint. For this, you will need a registration key -file. Contact email@example.com to receive the file. The registration of the endpoint cannot be finalized before an EIC-V code is dedicated to the endpoint.
- Fingrid accepts the registration
- When registration is done, test the connection by sending a connectivity test- message from the user interface.
- Integrate the ECP endpoint to own business application/applications
- When messaging works in the test environment, the operation can be moved to production.
Instructions for applying for EIC-codes
Downloading the ECP software
NEX’s instructions for ECP installation
Implementation guides for different reserve markets
tel. +358 30 3955353
tel. +358 30 3954456