Fingrid has published its decision on naming the grid networkFingrid published its decision on naming the grid network on 31 March 2015. The naming decision was made for the situation as of the start of the next monitoring period 1.1.2016.
As grid network operator, it is Fingrid's obligation to name its grid network for the first time in March 2015. The naming will apply to all transmission lines, electricity substations and other devices which come under the scope of the transmission service. The obligation to name the network is based on the valid Electricity Market Act (Sähkömarkkinalaki 588/2013).
The naming decision will be submitted to the Energy Authority no later than nine months before the start of the next monitoring period.
Schedule for naming the grid network:
- Fingrid's naming decision proposal to interest groups, statement period 23.1 - 16.2.2015
- Fingrid's naming decision will be submitted to the Energy Authority and provided to interest groups for information,
- With regard to network services contracts, the right to request an investigation into the legality of the naming decision or a change to it submitted to the Energy Authority within six months of the submission of the naming decision
- The Energy Authority will inspect the legality of the decision within three months of the submission of the naming decision
- During the monitoring period, changes to the grid network naming decision will be carried out at most once per year, and corresponding statement and decision-making procedures will be followed
Further information can be obtained from:
Leading pecialist Pertti Kuronen, tel. +358 (0)400 462 614
Customer Manager Petri Parviainen, tel. +358 (0)400 527 706
The decision and statements are only available in Finnish. A press release in Finnish can be found here.